With Valentine’s Day coming up in less than two weeks, so many of us are thinking of love… So I wanted to mention how important loving yourself is! Whether or not you have a significant other, you need to love yourself. This is definitely easier said than done and I know that from experience. It took me a long time to accept myself as I was and love what makes me, me. However, now that I do, I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin.
Thinking about what you like about yourself at least once a day can seem like a huge task, but is so worth it. It’s like an exercise for your mind and helps you strengthen your view of yourself, a little at a time. Journaling your thoughts might be the easiest way to make more concrete progress because actively writing down what you like about yourself really helps you absorb it better, but you can also just simply take a few minutes each day to reflect on these things. Start or end your day with a few minutes of dedicated time spent appreciating yourself.
Another thing you can do to learn to love yourself is to think kind thoughts as you go about your day. Each time you think something negative or put yourself down, correct yourself gently and replace that with something positive and kind. It takes practice but before you know it, it will become more of a habit! Becoming your own biggest cheerleader will pay off so much in the long run. Practicing positivity and kindness towards yourself will help you cheer yourself on and learn to rely on yourself the most!
First of all, I want you to remember that you are beautiful, and you are worth it.
Here are some questions to ask yourself
(Just do your best to answer each one):
- What are you most proud of? Think of things you have accomplished, whether you had set out to accomplish them or not.
- What do you like most about yourself? List any and all things you like about yourself. Even just one thing about yourself will be better than none!
- List three physical qualities you like about yourself. It could be something as simple as your eye color or something more complex, you decide!
- List three personality traits/characteristics you like about yourself. Again, list things that are simple if it helps. Anything you feel comfortable listing is the right answer. Just make sure you list all three!
- List three skills that you are proud to have. You have many skills, whether you can see that or not. Now is your chance to really think about what skills you have that are valuable to yourself or others.
- List three experiences or lessons learned that you feel have shaped you into the person you are today, in a positive way. We all have many experiences like this. It can be hard to see the positive that comes from them sometimes but they are there!
- What are three positive things that have happened recently?
- What are three negative things that have happened lately that you can put a positive spin on? Think about what positive things have come from negative happenings.
Also, here are some positive affirmations that might help you go about your day in a more positive and kind manner:
- I am strong and I am capable!
- I know I can do this!
- Just do your best. You don’t have to be perfect and as long as you’re doing your best, or striving to do your best, you will achieve so much!
- I am beautiful and I am worth it.
- I am lovable.
P.S. You can download a worksheet copy of these questions to fill in or print and answer later. Just click this link: Love Yourself as You Are.
Thanksgiving, well any holiday really, can just get so chaotic and crazy that we forget that we still need to take care of ourselves and keep ourselves as sane as possible. I have put together some tips that I have found helpful in times of chaos in my life and hope they help you during the holidays!
Some of these are geared towards weight loss and healthy living:
- Find time for yourself. Put yourself first, first, so that you are better equipped to handle the rest of the holiday. So get up early and decompress before the day even starts if you feel you might need to! Do it before you need it so badly that you end up exploding later.
- Run away. If at all possible, find a place to hide in the middle of the chaos. A quiet room, outside, even the bathroom might do the trick. Take the time to just take a deep breath and think, or just exist for a moment! We all need a breather once in a while.
- Pace yourself. Realize that you don’t have to do all or be all to have a good holiday. Just focus on doing your best.
- Plan ahead. Prepare food ahead of time if you can. Think ahead today and figure out what you can make the day or two before Thanksgiving so that you don’t have to cook it all at once. That way it isn’t as frantic when the time comes.
- While you’re at it, make a game plan for your meal. Stick with veggies or fruit for 1/3-1/2 of your plate. Then turkey or other meat 1/4-1/3 of your plate. Then a little bit of each of the foods you really want to have such as mashed potatoes, a roll, and/or a small piece of dessert.
- Estimate calories. Make educated guesses on anything you don’t know the exact calorie content of. Google how many calories in whatever Thanksgiving dish it is. Do your best to stick to that. This way you can plan the rest of your meals and snacks around it for that day.
- Don’t expect to be in your calorie range. You almost definitely won’t be in your calorie range… and that’s totally okay! Do your best to minimize the damage but just enjoy the holiday and time with family without worrying about it too much.
- Do not deprive yourself! I repeat, do not deprive yourself of your favorite Thanksgiving foods. That is almost a sure fire way to sabotage yourself. Pick the things you really want to eat, for example what Thanksgiving wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without, and have a small helping of it!
If you’re not already, sign up for the weekly newsletter: Be the Best You: The Insider for more stress/emotional eating tips. Click here to subscribe: Be the Best You Newsletter. This time of year can be really hard. Why not arm yourself with action steps to use when you really need them! Subscribe to the newsletter and you will automatically be emailed download information for The Blast Emotional Eating Guide (#TheBEEGuide)! It’s completely free and lists nine great ways to combat stress and other emotions that may make you feel like you want to eat everything in sight!
I just wanted to let you know that I have spruced up my weekly newsletter by adding a free download to it.
What will you get?
- A pretty weight chart to log your weights. I have done this myself and it helps me to see trends in my weight and just feel like I’m on top of my game.
- A snappy non-scale victory chart to write down your victories that have nothing to do with the scale, such as running a faster mile, walking a longer distance or faster pace, fitting into a new size shirt or jeans, more energy, the list goes on and on as to how many non-scale victories you could see.
All you have to do is click this link: Be the Best You Weekly Newsletter, fill in your email address and first name and then hit subscribe. The download will be sent directly to your email so you can save and print it whenever you feel like!
Here is a small sneak peek of one of the charts:
The first newsletter is set to come out this Sunday and will feature an abundance of behind-the-scenes information, inspiration, stories, and many more. Here are some of the newsletter highlights that you can look forward to receiving each week:
- New this week: Recap of what we released this past week.
- Special Inside Look: What we are working on to release soon!
- Behind the Scenes Project: A look at this week’s project.
- Tricks & Tips: Seasonal/holiday tips and tricks for healthy living, helpful links or websites/apps, helpful articles, etc.
- Advice Column! Ask me anything, advice or specific tips you would like to see highlighted in an upcoming newsletter or in my blog.
- Exclusive Discounts: Occasionally (likely once a month) you will receive exclusive discounts on products, current products as well as new products that I release.
- And… a monthly freebie! Once a month you will get a free download through our newsletter! This is an exclusive item that only my newsletter subscribers will receive! This and the exclusive discounts are my gifts for you for just signing up for my newsletter!
P.S. Don’t worry because if you don’t like what you see, whether it be the download or the newsletter itself, you can always unsubscribe!
Want more free downloads? Check out this blog post about a FREE Getting Started Weight Loss Workbook!
A couple weeks ago I released a free Getting Started weight loss workbook. I have now improved it by adding even more helpful information and am re-releasing the new version. If you are just getting started or are having a hard time continuing in your own weight loss journey, this workbook is for you. Even if you’re far along in your journey and just need some guidance, you could find exactly what you need right here!
Sometimes it’s hard to get started or to simply get moving in the right direction. Life throws us for a lot of loops, and constantly challenges us. This workbook will help give you something to think about and look back on when the going gets tough! It solidifies your resolve in your mind and will help you document your progress in more ways than one.
Download directly from my website: Be the Best You website and click on the green button under the workbook title! I hope you like it and find it even more helpful than the first version! There is also my free Vacation Tips as well if you want to download that as well.
Coming Next Week: I will be starting a mini course about setting and keeping goals for the low price of $30. Keep your eyes open for that if you want to join. If you download this workbook and let me know what you think via email, I will give you a code for 15% off the course when it comes time to enroll!
You can also sign up for my weekly newsletter mailing list with this link: Be the Best You Newsletter or click on the link in the sidebar! The newsletter will be filled with behind the scenes information and tips, as well as free exclusive email surprises once a month! I will be releasing the newsletter in November, join now so you will receive it when it comes out!
Edited to add:
It seems that WordPress or my website are having glitches, so if you want the download and can’t get the link above to work, use this contact form to send me an email and I will email it directly to you.
Thank you for your patience!
Getting started can sometimes be the hardest part of improving your health and losing weight. Sure the motivation to lose weight may be the strongest in the beginning, but that will not carry over on its own. It wanes pretty fast for some of us.
That is why I have created a workbook designed to fire up your long-term motivation when you are first out of the gate. One that will give you a great baseline that can carry you a lot further than just getting started on your own.
These are some of the things that got me started on the right foot and I wanted to share them with you all. Even if you’re not “just starting,” and you’re just at some point in your journey where it’s getting tough for you for any number of reasons, this could be a good tool for you! And it’s free, so what could it hurt to try it?
All you have to do is click the download link and save. I suggest saving the document to work in on a computer and printing it to work with a pen as well, for best results, but it’s up to you and how you work best. If you prefer one way over the other, then that’s the way you should do it. Personally, I love both. I love my technology but it is also so refreshing to sit down with paper and pen and just let the muse take me away.
Follow this link: Downloads and click on the button below the workbook. (This is the new version, a second and better version I released on October 20th).
Feel free to send me a message, if you’d like. However, it’s not required in order to download the workbook. If you can’t get the link above to work, you can send me an email and I will send you the workbook directly. Thank you!
P.S. Check out my goals e-course: Goals to Become the Best You. It is a step-by-step guide with my help and assistance to make and pursue goals in a way that works for you! We have all felt discouraged or unmotivated to meet our goals. The trick is knowing how to go about your goals in a manner that can fuel you to move forward! Included is a 16 page workbook + guide, separate resources, and personal help through the community in the course. All this for the low introductory price of $30!