I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Andrea from A Measured Life. She has a wonderful blog full of information, tips, advice, and recipes for healthy living! She has lost weight herself and is now in maintenance, and totally rocking it in my opinion! Hop on over and check her blog out if you’d like! I highly recommend it.
Thank you Andrea! It’s taken me a while to get back to blogging again but this was awesome to see while I was on my “hiatus!”
The intent of the Liebster Award is to help bloggers get to know each other and expose us to new bloggers.
My nominees are:
11 questions for my nominees:
- Who is your favorite artist? Hmm my favorite artist has been Jesse McCartney for so long I feel like that’s a default answer. While I still love him, I’m not necessarily sure which artist is my “favorite.”
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Artist, vet, and author/writer.
- How do you take your coffee? With hot chocolate powder these days. Mmm it’s the best of both worlds: coffee + cocoa!
- What food do you love that other people think is strange? I’m not sure about strange but everyone always thought I was crazy for liking broccoli.
- Who inspires you the most? It’s too hard to pick just one person, so I’m going to list a few: my mom, my sister, and all of my amazing friends on SparkPeople who support and encourage me no matter what.
- What is your favorite tree? Coming from California, I want to say a palm tree. However, I would say that redwoods or other trees you would see in a wooded area. Those are so beautiful, so tall and grand.
- Rain or sunshine? Sunshine definitely, although a good rain is good on occasion.
- What’s your favorite body part (of your own body)? Hmm usually my eyes. I used to have brown eyes when I was a kid and wanted so badly to have blue eyes. Now my eyes are mainly green and I love that, they have become a point of pride for me.
- What’s your favorite song to sing? I don’t know if I have a favorite. Really any song that is fun to sing, i.e. I can remember all or most of the lyrics and can actually form the words while singing, is my favorite! Of course it also has to have a great message and nice rhythm.
- Tea: sweetened or unsweetened? Lightly sweetened.
- What piece of advice would you give your younger self? Find the beauty and strength within yourself. You can accomplish anything you set your mind to!
11 random facts about me:
- When it comes to jewelry, I prefer silver over gold.
- My favorite forms of exercise include: walking, running, the elliptical, and kickboxing.
- I love turning on music through iHeartRadio and just silly/crazy dancing with my nephews, and one of my nieces when she’s over.
- My favorite meat has always been chicken, which was an easy transition when I started my weight loss journey because grilled and baked chicken is some of the healthiest meat.
- I love reading Young Adult book series because I find I can relate to them a bit more. I’m an old soul with a young heart. These books seem to speak to me a bit more than books written for adults.
- My favorite radio station to listen to through iHeartRadio is K-Love Christian Radio. When I workout, take a walk, need to de-stress in the evenings, or even when I simply need to block out the noise going on in the house around me, it is a great station. It lifts me up and helps me focus at the same time.
- One of my favorite things to do is curl up with a cup of coffee and a good book, especially in the colder months!
- My favorite color is purple, but pink has really been growing on me recently.
- My ideal weather would be in the 70-80 degree range. Oh how I miss California, although it could get sweltering hot in the summer.
- I think snow is pretty, but I do not like living in it. Once I move away from Indiana, I will probably do all I can to stay away from snow for at least a couple years.
- I am allergic to many things: grass, trees, mold, dust mites, feathers, cats, dogs, vinegar… and really I am never sure I’ve listed it all because there are so many things. Thankfully not too many foods but vinegar is in a lot of foods so it’s something to be careful of and limit. Otherwise I do fine.
11 questions for nominees:
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Which hot beverage do you prefer: coffee, hot cocoa, or tea?
- What is your favorite color?
- How do you get to work (ex. public transportation, your own car, carpooling, etc.)?
- What is the weather like right now where you live?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you’re not working or doing something else you have to do?
- Do you prefer cats, dogs, or another kind of pet?
- What is one place you have always wanted to visit?
- What color eyes do you have?
- If you were in the circus, which act would you rather do: walk a tightrope or tame the lions?
- What type of movie is your favorite to watch?