It is so important to continuing our weight loss journeys to celebrate all of our victories.
Whether they be the big ones like weight loss milestones of 10 or 20 pounds, or running a whole mile… or the small ones such as eating three fruits or veggies in one day or completing a tough workout.
This doesn’t necessarily mean you need to go out and spend money every time you experience a victory, but you should definitely give yourself a high-five or a pat on the back for a job well done!
Remember that every step you make in the right direction adds up as you go along. All of it is worth celebrating!
My personal philosophy is to focus mainly on non-scale victories because they are the ones we have most control over. However, it is fun to celebrate when you hit a new weight loss milestone.
Some victories to celebrate that have nothing to do with the scale:
- Eating a certain amount of healthy foods each day.
- Finishing a hard workout.
- Eating within your calorie range for days at a time.
- Starting a new exercise routine.
- Pushing harder during a normal workout.
- Trying a new healthy food.
- Doing your workout when you don’t feel like it.
- Drinking enough water for the day.
- Simply feeling stronger or healthier!
I could go on and on, but you get the idea! Anything that is not related to the scale is a double victory, and the scale itself is a fun way to track trends in your weight and to celebrate when it goes the right way… but to take in stride and use as just a tool. You can only do your best and sometimes the scale may not reflect that, so that’s why it’s vital to depend on the other victories in your journey.